Effective Monday, September 20th, the City of Edmonton, and therefore Kinsmen Sports Centre, has decided to adopt the Government of Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program.
What does that mean for us? It means we keep our rental times and that starting on September 20th:
- To access public City services and programs, people ages 12 and older must provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical exemption or show proof of a negative test result (completed within 72 hours of visiting). From September 20 to October 25: proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than two weeks before the time of entry. After October 25: proof of complete vaccination (two doses) is required.
- Tests must be privately-paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours before accessing a program or service.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
- All people ages 12 and older must provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical exemption or show proof of a negative test result, to gain entry into City of Edmonton facilities.This applies to participants, coaches, teaching staff, officials, volunteers and spectators.
- To ensure access control measures are in place, some facility entrances may be closed and patrons will be directed accordingly.
During the initial stages of this program, Edmontonians should plan to arrive at facilities a little earlier than normal. We ask for patience as City employees review patrons’ individual vaccination status or recent negative test results. As of Monday, September 20th, ALL dryland and aquatic rental groups at Kinsmen Sports Centre will enter and exit the facility through Door 3 (in the field house) until further notice.